Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bad Habit - No Excessive Snacking

I did really well with my No Fast Food Challenge this week.  I did have a turkey and ham sandwich from Subway but it really doesn't count as traditional fast food because it's fresh and I didn't have cheese or mayo.  As I was reading another website, I came across this article from the Daily Mail newspaper in the UK about the dangers of fast food: McDonald's Happy Meal Has 12 Month Shelf Life - GROSS! 
This is yet another reason to avoid fast food.  I also managed to lose 1.4lbs this week.  Yay!  And since I only managed 3 runs last week, I know my weight is down because I have been eschewing fast food.  Don't get me wrong I was tempted twice last week but I reminded myself that I had good food at home and if I wanted to indulge, I could only have Subway.  Limiting my on-the-go options to just Subway helped me stay in control.

This week's Bad Habit Break-Up will be excessive late-night snacking.  The reality is, I often have a snack after dinner.  Generally, I only have lean protein and steamed vegetables for dinner.  I started this recently so that I could save my carb for my snack.  And so far, it's working well.  Basically, I have a Fiber One Bar with some yogurt or a bag of 94% fat free popcorn and it's just enough to satisfy my craving without going overboard.  My concern this week is when I am up late working and trying to keep my snacking to a minimum when I'm crazy busy, bored or tired.  These are the times I'm most likely to "snack binge" - or have way too many servings of snacks in one sitting.  So my goal for the week is to rein in the outta control snacking.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal this week. I know what you mean about the snacking. That's also good to know about the Happy Meal. No more for my kids. :-) I'd love to follow along on your journey. I'm a 30-something year old with all the challenges of working and raising a family. I'm also a Beachbody Coach and will start ChaLEAN Extreme as soon as it arrives. I absolutely loved Turbo Jam. Feel free to check out my website for nutritional and fitness tips at http://www.beachbodycoach.com/getyourbestbody

    Good luck!

    Yasmine Allen
    Independent Team Beachbody Coach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yasmine for the support. This decade is a trying one with all the changes and responsibilities. That's why I started this blog. To give voice to some of the challenges of becoming an adult :)

    ReplyDelete