Monday, February 1, 2010

Sidelined with Injury

For the past three days, I've been suffering with intense neck and shoulder pain on my right side.  I thought this was a simple strain brought up by sleeping in an awkward position but now that the pain is lingering (and in some cases, getting more intense), I've decided to make a date with the Not-So-Urgent Care clinic on Wednesday to see if I might have Frozen Neck Syndrome.  Pain is radiating from the back of my ear through the middle of my upper back.  I've tried Advil, heating pads, Icy/Hot cream all to no avail.  Unfortunately, tomorrow is my 12-hour teaching day that I cannot miss and I've got a feeling that I'll be popping pills pretty much for the entire day. 

Lingering pain, muscle and joint stiffness and longer general recovery time from the aches and strains of getting older is no joke.  I exercise pretty regularly but if my body decides to lock up, there isn't much I can do to stop it.  This is really one of the aspects of turning 30 (more like 35) that sucks beyond belief.  I am more acutely aware of pain than I've ever been before.  My recovery time  just ain't what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment